Volunteer with Us
Knowing you have helped someone is an amazing feeling, but there is so much more to gain. New friends, new skills and experience, and confidence, to name but a few!
Volunteers are an integral part of Connection Support, offering their time to support vulnerable clients from all backgrounds, who may be experiencing various difficulties in their lives.
Not everyone has someone to turn to in a crisis, someone to see the positive in a difficult situation, or to lend a hand. Connection volunteers help fill those gaps and, in doing so, often make a lasting difference to another person’s life.
We have a variety of volunteer positions across our projects in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire, all are flexible. Here are a few specific roles we are currently seeking volunteers for:
Volunteer Mental Health Buddy – Oxfordshire
Location: Oxfordshire (various)
Hours/Days: Flexible to fit around you. Ideally a Buddy will meet with a service user on a weekly basis for 2 – 3 hours.
Start Date: Open ended.
To encourage and support clients on a one-to-one basis as a well-being buddy to participate in social and meaningful activities in order to promote better health and well-being.
- Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- No previous experience necessary. However, the role would suit someone who is friendly and flexible and who can respect the needs of our service users.
- Some basic IT skills would be helpful as you will assist clients to research activities.
- Access to own transport may be required depending on location.
- Volunteers will be required to apply for a DBS (paid for by Connection Support).
- Induction provided as well as online safeguarding training.
- Training will be learning on the job.