Housing Support Service in Buckinghamshire

The Service

Connection Support can provide you with practical and emotional support when you are facing difficulties in maintaining your independence or keeping a roof over your head. You can discuss with your support worker about the kind of support you need and work out a plan that will be reviewed regularly.

What can we help with?

The kind of support we offer includes:

Increasing your Income

  • Welfare Benefit Check to ensure you are receiving all you are entitled to
  • Help to complete forms and apply for benefits
  • Support to apply for grants.

Reducing bills and debts

  • Budgeting and debt management support
  • Negotiating with utility companies to reduce debts
  • Help to get food parcels if needed
  • Ensuring that you are getting best value utilities (water, electricity, gas etc.)

Avoiding Homelessness

  • Negotiating rent arrears with landlords (private and social landlords)
  • Support through eviction procedures
  • Advising you of your Rights and Responsibilities
  • Support for ex offenders in shared accommodation
  • Supporting you to find alternative accommodation if you are threatened with homelessness
  • Dealing with Anti-Social Behaviour

Maintaining your Independence

  • Supporting you to apply for Aids and Adaptations so that you can safely stay in your home
  • Support you to get a care assessment when you need more help to stay in your own home
  • Helping you to settle into a new home if you have to move, setting up payments for bills, helping you to find furniture you can afford
  • Support you to settle into your new community, finding a GP, getting involved in local activities

Applying for services that you are entitled to

  • Support you to access healthcare including GP, Mental Health, Dentist, Substance Misuse agencies etc.
  • Linking you into specialist services

Do you meet the criteria?

You must be:
Over 16 years and living in Buckinghamshire
Have a housing related support need
This service is only for people living in the general community. So it is not available to people living in nursing homes, supported housing, or other places where additional support is provided as part of the rent or charge.

How do we work?

The Housing Support Service is flexible and varies depending on what support you need. A worker will meet with you to work out what support you need and see if we are the best people to help you. If not, we will suggest other organisations that may be able to assist.

If we can support you, we will make contact regularly either by meeting up with you or by phone. We will build a Support Plan with you so that we stay on track. Most support lasts between 3 – 6 months but may be shorter or longer depending on your Support Plan.

Our workers will support you to work out what help you need and enable you to achieve independence and a better quality of life.

We will offer you a service that

Listens to what you want
Involves you – you are in the driving seat
Is friendly, organised and professional

How can I apply?

Refer yourself using the Self Referral form below. If you have difficulty completing the form, ring our office and we will complete it with you over the phone.

Refer yourself by attending one of our weekly Drop Ins.

Be referred by another organisation such as a:

Housing Provider

GP, Care Manager or CPN

Probation Service or Drug & Alcohol treatment service

Schools, Midwife, Health Visitor

Other local organisations

Make a referral

If you’d like to refer someone to this service then please complete the form below and email it back to us at bucksenquiries@connectionsupport.org.uk

Who is this service funded by?