Our Direct Payment and Employment Support Service works alongside people wishing to receive their Personal Budget as a Direct Payment to design, choose and manage their personally tailored care and support. We provide information and advice in understanding how a Direct Payment can be used and assist people to find and employ their own care and support staff (Personal Assistants).
We have created free useful resources including guides, FAQs, forms and templates for clients who are receiving Direct Payments, please visit the Resources page.
What can we help with?
- Support people to understand how a Direct Payment can be used and the options available
- Help people in all aspects of finding and employing a Personal Assistant and access a Payroll Service
- Provide a helpline for any Direct Payment issues or enquiries
- Hold clients Direct Payment monies and make all necessary payments on their behalf
- Provide a wide range of information, support and advice if you wish to, or are thinking about employing your own personal assistant
- Run a payroll service to calculate wages and tax payments for the people you employ
- Help people complete Direct Payment spend information to the Council on a quarterly basis
We do not:
Provide social or personal care ourselves through this service or make decisions on people’s behalf. We are also unable to advocate for people with undertaking complaints.
Who can access this service?
Direct Payment and Employment Information and Advice is available to anyone receiving a Direct Payment or considering using a Direct Payment to employ someone
All other services have to be authorised by your Care Manager
How do we work?
Our support is aimed at helping people to get the best possible outcomes by using a Direct Payment to create more tailored and flexible support arrangements. We can support you in a way that suits you best and helps you become confident and empowered with your responsibilities with using Direct Payments or with being an employer. Our support is delivered in various ways – home visits, phone, email and Skype.