Prevention Matters supports people over the age of 18 to maintain their independence and confidence.
What can we help with?
Prevention Matters can support you in regaining your confidence, independence and getting out and about if, for any of the following reasons, you are:
- Struggling to remain independent in your own house
- Having difficulty getting out and about
- Feeling lonely and isolated
- Feeling anxious or lacking confidence
- Recovering from an illness
We can support you with:
- Finding help with everyday activities
- Getting involved with social activities
- Connecting with others within your local community
- Organising transport
- Linking you into other services for advice and support
Who is this service for?
- Aged over 18
- Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this service if you have a care package in place
- You are not in receipt of care provided or funded by Buckinghamshire Council
How do we work?
One of our friendly Community Practice Workers will contact you to arrange a time to come and discuss with you what you would like us to help you achieve and how we might be able to do that. People can receive anything from one to six visits, dependent on need, within an eight week period.