Our Outreach service in Oxfordshire helps people who are sleeping rough to find more settled accommodation. We also help them access health and mental health services, drug and alcohol support services, and receive the benefits they are entitled to.
What can we help with?
- Provide a rapid response to those who are rough sleeping
- Help local people to get into homeless accommodation in Oxfordshire
- Provide support to enable rough sleepers to build a better future beyond street life
- Support for people who do not have existing connections in Oxfordshire to be linked back to their local areas’ services
Who is this service for?
This service provides support and verification for those rough sleeping in Cherwell, West Oxfordshire, and South and Vale district areas. If you are sleeping rough in Oxford City, please contact Oxford Street Population Outreach Team (OxSPOT) on 01865 243229.
How do we work?
- We focus on helping people who are sleeping rough on the streets; in doorways, under bridges, in garden sheds and cars and help to move them into settled accommodation
- Our Outreach Workers will work with you, to access and maintain settled accommodation or re-connect you with family and friends
- We tailor our service to meet your individual circumstances
- Support you to make contact with the services to address immediate medical issues and long-term mental and physical health problems
- Help signpost and support you into drug and alcohol services if required
- Help establish your benefits