We are looking for a support worker who knows what it takes to support vulnerable people in crisis – homeless and unemployed, often with a history of substance misuse, mental health issues, or offending behaviour.
What you’ll be doing
The Adult Homeless Pathway Support Worker is responsible for managing a case load providing a programme of planned intensive support with people who are currently housed within the Adult Homeless Pathway provision across Oxford City, to help them gain suitable accommodation and build up an appropriate network of support in their local community. We work with a wide range of people who are homeless including people with mental health, drug and alcohol issues and offending behaviour.
Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
Key Aspects of the service
- Support people housed within Connection Adult Homeless Pathway provision
- Facilitate service users’ integration into their local community
- Prevent homeless people returning to the streets
- Ensure clients are financially secure and have access to welfare benefits
- Ensure that mental health/addiction issues are addressed
- Build on service users’ resilience to prevent the risk of homelessness arising again
- Build on life skills to live independently
Key outcomes for clients
- Maintain dignity, independence, and control, and be treated as equal citizens
- Make a positive contribution and feel purposeful and empowered.
- Participate in social activities and networks that connect them to other people.
- Have a healthy lifestyle that maintains physical and mental well-being.
- Cope effectively with difficult life events
- Live in a place that promotes a good quality of life and a sense of safety.
- Access services including digital services and support when needed.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- IT literate with good communication skills;
- Ability to remain calm and patient in challenging circumstances;
- A good understanding of support planning processes;
- Be able to contribute to monitoring and implementing changes that improve outcomes for people;
- And above all, a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and the desire to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
Closing date: Midday – Monday 23rd May 2022
Interview Date: Tuesday, 7th June 2022