Connection Support is committed to directly involving clients in order to shape the support they receive and to develop future support plans. They have input into how we develop skills and make a genuine difference to our work.
Opportunities for clients
Clients are invited to get involved as an indidivual or within a group.
- Direct – Shape and review the service they receive so the support plan is tailored to their strengths.
- Strategic – Involved in strategic planning, media, tenders and service design.
- Represent us – At review meetings and launches of new projects. Focus groups/meetings to discuss topics, policies and procedures. Notes are fed back to Operations Managers, CEO and the board to influence our future.
- Feedback – Participate in an annual survey, exit questionnaire and 1 to 1 meetings with their worker.
- Staff – Shape the development of staff. Train support workers as Experts by Experience.
- Join us – Volunteer or following an appropriate period of ending support become a member of Connection Support staff.
- Mentor – Act as peer mentors giving others someone to relate to.
We learn from clients, whether that’s as a compliment or complaint to ensure we continually develop and deliver results for future clients.