Following feedback from people using our Direct Payment services, Connection Support have now developed a range of free workshops available to Direct Payment users and their representatives who use our SDS Direct Payment Support Services.
The Workshops are delivered via Microsoft teams and last between 2 to 3 hours. Participants also receive additional information and advice resources and a copies of the training slides.
To book, simply complete the form below and our team will be in touch to confirm your attendance, and send you the meeting invitation on Teams.
Not using our Direct Payment support services? You can still access the workshops for a charge of £25pp. Complete the form below and our team will send you an invoice directly.
Direct Payment Workshop
- NEW Evening Session – Wednesday 15th March 2023 – Time: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- Friday 17th March 2023 – Time: 10am – 12pm
Based on the statutory guidance within the Care Act 2014 and associated regulations, the workshop helps participants understand their responsibilities and those of the Local Authority. Using the Care Act and relevant case law, this workshop helps inform participants of the guiding principles of Direct Payments and the possibilities they can achieve when planning for more personalised care and support.
- Receiving and managing a Direct Payment
- Employing Family Members to provide care
- Family members paid to manage the Direct Payment
- Using a Direct Payment to commission services and support
- Ceasing a Direct Payment