Housing Support Service in Oxfordshire

The Service

Are you at risk of losing your home?

Then contact our Housing Support service to gain control over your finances and housing. The team will support and equip you with the tools to manage your money, navigate benefits, be independent and avoid homelessness. Our aim is to keep a roof over your head.

The service is flexible and tailored to your needs and situation. We support you to manage difficulties you have that are affecting your home or your ability to live independently.

Our service:

Listens to what you want
Involves you
Is friendly, organised and professional

What we can help with?

You will be able to talk to your worker about the kind of support you need and work out a plan which will be reviewed regularly. The kinds of support we offer include:

Budgeting and debt
Accessing benefits/grants
Accessing education/training/
Making your tenancy work
Settling into a new home
Living independently
Accessing community facilities
Accessing health care
Crisis Support
Increasing motivation
Linking you into specialist services

Do you meet the criteria?

You must be:

Aged over 16yrs
A resident in Oxfordshire
Have a housing related support need

How do we work with you?

Our workers will support you to work out what help you need and enable you to achieve independence and a better quality of life.

Fast Track approach for urgent referrals and those at risk of homelessness, immediate same day response with early intervention work
Support offered for up to 6 months through limited home visits and access points
Support tailored to individual need
Telephone service for people up to 12 weeks if low support needs
Post closure contact with check in at either 4, 6 or 8 weeks
3-month post-closure check
Duty service available after closure for one-off pieces of work or advice

Get help to keep your home

If you live in Oxfordshire and you’re in danger of losing your home you can contact us with your query. We’re talking to people whose income has been affected due to coronavirus so let us help you keep your home too.

We can provide advice on various housing related issues such as claiming benefits, Universal Credit and managing your household budget. Please send us your query via our contact form and be sure to select your council so we can direct your question as quickly as possible to the most appropriate Housing Support Team in Oxfordshire.  

It may be that your circumstances are more complex in which case we will ask you to complete a referral form but the first step is to make contact!

How can I apply?

You can apply for yourself, or for somebody else by completing the self-referral form below or contact us on 01865 711267.

Alternatively, you can be referred by your housing provider or housing officer, your GP, Care Manager, or CPN, Probation Service, Drug and Alcohol treatment services, local advice agencies or other support services.

Refer Yourself

If you’d like to access this service yourself please download and complete the self-referral form below and email it back to us at enquiries@connectionsupport.org.uk.

Who is the service funded by?